You may have been dating your beau for the past few months or even years and want to explore the world together. Perhaps you met through online dating (there are so many free dating sites out there, after all) or you were introduced through mutual friends who know you both love traveling. There are certain places in the world that set the scene for some of the most beautiful art and poetry and whose beauty is so stunning one must visit it to truly inhale its exquisiteness!
What’s not to love about Italy. It is known as the place where passion originated. There is so much to experience there from the luxurious food, vibrant and expressive people, museums, beautiful architecture and breathtaking landscape. Italy is the ideal escapism from every day life for you and your partner to really breathe in a cultural sensory overload. After all, this is the backdrop for the greatest lovers to have ever existed – Romeo and Juliet. There are so many places to visit such as:
This is a small hillside town whose flora & fauna demand your attention. It’s the perfect place for romantic strolls where beautiful waterfalls cascade. It’s an exceptionally romantic place.
Tuscany is the kind of place you want to retire to. It has rich green landscapes and a place in which you will find Florence which contains beautiful galleries and boutiques.
3. Amalfi Coast
This landscape is filled with steep mountains which meets the sea which create gorgeous views. There are many vacation homes in the area and many romantic times to be had.
You cannot leave Italy without experiencing a romantic rendezvous in Venice on a gondola.
If you and your partner are foodies there is no escaping the rich and decadent cuisine of Italy. It is home of some of the most delicious food in the world. Think gelato, torrone (Italian nougat), tiramisu, lasagna, pizza and pasta, prosciutto and risotto.
French, just the language itself can cast a romantic spell on you. If Italy is known as the city of passion, France is known as the city of romance. The Eiffel Tower is the symbol which so many westerners associate France with. It is also the place that many wedding proposals take place.
It is a culturally rich country with beautiful museums, architecture and the cuisine is out of this world. France is famous for its range of different patisseries.
Romantic places to visit in France are:
For a taste of romance in the air, tango on the Seine is exactly what you are looking for. Whether advanced or complete amateur you and your partner can dance the night away. Otherwise cuddling up with your partner with a good bottle of cabernet sauvignon whilst sitting on the steps will create a very romantic evening.
The palace of Versailles is one of the most decadently decorated places in the universe! It is decorated in the Baroque style and is absolutely exquisite. The gardens are breathtaking as well and you and your partner will be in awe. It’s the setting for romance as the Baroque angels stare at you from within the palace walls.
This is a gorgeous village by the ocean that screams decadent living. It is a famed place for celebrity visits as well as honeymooners.
France is famous for its haute cuisine and boasts many Michelin-star restaurants. Typical French cuisine boasts:
- Soupe à l’oignon (onion soup). This is one of the most glorious soups ever created – definitely the most decadent. It is made of onions and beef stock, often served with croutons and melted cheese on top. Absolutely delish!
- Coq au vin. This is pot roasted braised chicken with onion, mushrooms, wine, salt, pork or bacon, garlic and brandy.
- Chocolate soufflé. This is a gorgeous desert which is like a light chocolate cake which oozes creamy chocolate when cut open. It’s like a beautiful tasty little volcanic blast in your mouth. It is often accompanied by vanilla ice cream. This dish is just plain seductive.
South Africa is home to many spectacular cities which offer many opportunities for romantic outings like visits to the safari. However, the most romantic city, by far, is Cape Town.
8. Cape Town
Cape Town (the “Mother” city of South Africa) has been voted the most beautiful city in the world many times over. It is a beautiful city contained in a “bowel” of mountains surrounded by some of the most gorgeous beaches in the world. It is a cosmopolitan city that infuses many cultures from all over the world. It is home to famous vineyards and offers the world some of the finest wine to be found. Places you may want to visit:
- Table Mountain – So aptly named, Table Mountain is a flat mountain with a cloud that often sits on it. There’s a cable car that visits it daily and the views from the top of it are spectacular. There’s even a restaurant at the top of the mountain. It makes for a beautiful time spent with your loved one.
- Wine Tour – There are so many wine tours available where you will be able to taste some of the best wines in the world, all hailing from the “Mother” city.
- Clifton Beaches – The beaches of Clifton are famous for its beauty. The sand is soft and gorgeous, but, just to keep in mind, the ocean is freezing and you can’t swim in it.
- Boulders Beach – This special beach is populated with hundreds of very special penguins. It’s a delight to see.
Typical food you can expect to be exposed to here are:
Stunning seafood such as tiger prawns, calamari and kingklip as well as the finest red meat in the world. After all, this is South Africa and South Africans love their red meat. While you are in this part of the world try attend a party where a “braai” is taking place. A “braai” is a barbeque where you will find lamb chops, steaks, “boerewors” (a special South African sausage) and chicken all cooked over fire accompanied by wine, garlic breads and lots of beer and soda. Deserts found this side of the world are milk and peppermint tarts as well as malva pudding which is cake covered in caramelized syrup.
All these cities mentioned above are amazing places to travel to with your loved one. Make sure to make time to experience them together!